Today, teams in the NBA’s Developmental League were forced to make a few decisions with regards to their final rosters.
Charge Players returning:
This year’s Canton Charge roster will have six players returning from last season’s campaign, including NBA D-League Rookie of the Year, Quinn Cook, Mike Dunigan, Justin Johnson, Jon Horford, Kevin Olekaibe, and Mike Williams.
Players drafted/making the team:
Chris Evans, a local Kent State University stand-out, has made the final roster after attending Canton’s open tryouts.
Roosevelt Jones (Canton’s 19th overall selection in this year’s D-League Draft), Stedmon Lemon (fourth round), and Trey Davis (sixth round) have also made the final cut.
Guards Chip Armelin, Chris Crawford, and Anthony Odunsi were all waived on Thursday. Forward Jonathon Holmes accepted FC Barcelona’s proposal to buy out his contract.
The Charge now have 10 active players and one inactive player on their roster for opening day.
Canton will open their 2016-17 season on the road against the Grand Rapids Drive on Friday, November 11th at 7:00 p.m. EST.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on