22 months after a controversial split decision loss to Dominick Cruz cost him his UFC Bantamweight Championship, T.J. Dillashaw regained his belt with a second round knockout over bitter rival Cody Garbrandt.
After a flash knockdown in the closing moments of the opening round appeared to have Dillashaw in serious trouble, and perhaps even saved by the bell, he came out like a desperate fighter in round two and it paid off in scores. Dillashaw was lightening quick in the second round and appeared to be using his angles perfectly with a strong sense of urgency.
The sense of urgency would pay off as Dillashaw caught Garbrandt with a solid hook midway through the second round that floored the champ. From there, Dillashaw pounced and it was all over shortly there after.
Garbrandt initially protested the stoppage, before coming to the sad reality for him that he just got knocked out. Dillashaw called out current UFC Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson after the fight. A rematch with Garbrandt appears more likely.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on