It was one of the most memorable moments in the history of Cleveland sports, a time that saw the Cavaliers celebrate the return to the franchise of their greatest player in team history – LeBron James.
The night was Thursday, October 30th 2014, and the buzz around downtown was electric as James returned to the franchise that drafted him.
“When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission,” James said in am essay written for Sports Illustrated.
“I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.”
The first game back for LeBron was a prime-time showdown with the New York Knicks, and not many remember this fact – but the Cavs lost that opener 95-90.
We all know how the script to LeBron’s first season ended, as the Cavs lost to the Golden State Warriors four games to two in the NBA Finals.
The Cavs got their revenge one year later, coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win their first championship.
Today we look back at that first game back with the player intro’s, LeBron included, in his first game back at home against the Knicks.
The Cleveland Cavaliers Player Intro for LeBron’s return in 2014 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/6evSk8rs7F
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) June 10, 2020
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on