INDEPENDENCE, OHIO- The Cleveland Cavaliers are still prepping for the 2018-2019 season. First, two practices were all about finding themselves – also, getting used to the schemes. The team will travel to Dayton Ohio for their inter-squad scrimmage Sunday
First JR Smith will be officially out for Sunday due to a sore hip. Coach Tyronn Lue says that he was able to participate in today’s practice with no contact. Smith says he’s not worried about the injury.
“Just soreness from working out from the summertime, nothing serious,” Smith said. “Talking to the coaches and vets that been here, want me for the regular season and not worry about training camp.”
Ever since joining the team in 2015 in a trade with the New York Knicks, he’s been the starting shooting guard, but this will be the first time he will have conversations on potentially new roles with the team. But, for Smith, it’s all about staying healthy.
“Right now, try to maintain and stay healthy throughout camp,” he said. “Want to prepare for the season best I can.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on