Two separate and very notable NFL journalists are reporting the recently terminated Browns head coach Hue Jackson is close to joining the coaching staff of the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals fired their defensive coordinator Teryl Austin today after their third straight loss and head coach Marvin Lewis hinted at further changes coming to the staff.
Both Mike Silver and Ian Rapoport seem to believe that the Jackson announcement is only minutes away at this point. Both had this to tweet earlier about the situation.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 13, 2018
Hue Jackson has great affection for Marvin Lewis, the Brown family and the city of Cincinnati. He’d obviously listen intently to anything Marvin and the Bengals might propose.
— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) November 12, 2018
Stay locked into NEOSI for more on this breaking news. Jackson had the most success of his coaching career while serving under Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati from 2004-2006 as receivers coach, then again from 2012 – 2015 in various different roles before taking over the Cleveland Browns, and going a prompt 3-36-1 in a miserable stay as head coach.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Mogadore Tops Warren JFK 28-14, Improve to 6-0 on
- Riverside Upsets Chardon 21-7, Ends Chardon’s 31-Game Winning Streak on
- Guardians Continue to Dominate, Closing in on American League Central Title on
- Ohio State vs. Wisconsin – Preview, Takeaways, Predictions on
- Week 1 NEOSI HS Football Player of the Week Results on