Provided by the Cleveland Monsters
The Cleveland Monsters were defeated by the Iowa Wild on Monday at The Q by a final score of 3-0.
With the loss, the Monsters fell to 8-11-3-2 overall this season and with a .438 points percentage, Cleveland remains alone in sixth place in the AHL’s Central Division standings.
The Wild grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first period when Sam Anas potted an even-strength marker at 15:10 that Brennan Menell followed with a power-play strike at 19:25.
In the middle stanza, Iowa notched another even-strength goal to push their lead to 3-0 when Zach Palmquist tallied at 15:11 and, after a scoreless final frame, the Wild emerged victorious by a 3-0 final score.
Monsters goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks fell to 3-6-2 this season despite stopping 22 of the 25 pucks he faced while Iowa’s C.J. Motte improved to 2-1-1 between the pipes by virtue of a 34-save shutout performance.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on