Sunday, November 27th, 2016
WHEN: 1:00 PM EST
WHERE: @WellsFargoCtr, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
LISTEN: @WMMS 100.7 FM, @wtam1100, La Mega 87.7FM
– Cavaliers (12-2, 1st in Central): After their impressive (128-90) victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night inside Quicken Loans Arena, the Cavaliers are riding a three-game winning streak.
Kevin Love led all Cleveland scorers in Friday night’s win, en route to yet another double-double performance (27 points, 10 rebounds, four assists, and three steals).
Love has been smoking hot from beyond the arc. In his last two games, the savvy stretch forward has drained 15 of his 21 three-point attempts.
Kyrie Irving leads the Cavaliers in scoring, averaging 23.8 points, 4.8 assists and 3.1 rebounds. LeBron James trails just behind Irving with 23.5 points, a team-high 9.5 assists, and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Coming into tonight’s game with the Sixers, the Cavs have made 10 or more three-pointers in 14 consecutive games (seven or more in 54 straight games dating to last season – NBA record). Furthermore, the Cavs are averaging 13.9 made three-pointers per game while shooting 40% as a team (tied with the San Antonio Spurs for the best mark in the NBA).
* Milestone watch *
LeBron James (6,938) needs 18 assists to move past Bob Cousey (6,955) for the 16th position on the NBA’s all-time leader board.
James is set to make his 1,000th career NBA start tonight in Philadelphia.
* Cavaliers projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PG) Kyrie Irving (6′-3″, 193 lbs)
(SG) J.R. Smith (6′-6″, 225 lbs)
(SF) LeBron James (6′-8″, 250 lbs)
(PF) Kevin Love (6′-10″, 251 lbs)
(PF) Tristan Thompson (6′-10″, 238 lbs)
* Cavaliers injury report *
– (F/C) Channing Frye (personal): Out
– Sixers (4-12, 5th in Atlantic): Philadelphia comes into tonight’s match-up with the defending NBA champions as losers in three of their previous five games, including a disappointing (105-89) set-back to the Chicago Bulls inside The Wells Fargo Center on Friday night.
Joel Embiid leads the Sixers in both points and rebounding, averaging 17.6 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. The former Kansas Jayhawk and number three overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft has played in limited minutes due to his recovery from a foot injury.
Sergio Rodriguez currently leads Philly in the assist department with 6.8 per game, but with Jerryd Bayless returning from a wrist injury, Rodriguez may see his minutes decrease.
* Sixers projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PG) Jerryd Bayless (6′-3″, 210 lbs)
(SG) Gerald Henderson (6′-5″, 215 lbs)
(SF) Robert Covington (6′-9″, 225 lbs)
(PF) Dario Saric (6′-10″, 245 lbs)
(C) Joel Embiid (7′-0″, 250 lbs)
* Sixers injury report *
– (PG) Jerryd Bayless (wrist): Probable
– (PF) Ben Simmons (foot): Out
– (C) Nerlens Noel (knee): Out
* All stats and information via www.basketball-reference.com, www.rotoworld.com, www.nba.com, www.espn.com, Elias Sports Bureau, and The Associated Press *
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.