Sunday night at WWE Payback, World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns defended successfully his championship against upstart and huge fan favorite A.J. Styles in a wild main event that overall was well received.
The win for Reigns was somewhat shallow since the PPV ended with the announcement that the two would have a rematch at the ‘Extreme Rules’ PPV in just three weeks.
WWE fans frankly just hate Reigns, and they let that show at WrestleMania 32 in his title win over Triple H, and again at Payback as Styles was the heavily cheered face in the match between the two.
So why and how has Reigns gone from a guy who the fans embraced during his time with The Shield to now just not being loved at all by just about all of the WWE Universe?
Today we explore five of those reasons, some may be a little out there, but some seem to make perfect sense. So here’s “Five Reasons Why the WWE Universe Hates Roman Reigns.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Guardians Power Up with Addition of Josh Bell on
- Crunch win a weekend sweep in their home opener! on
- Cleveland Guardians Announce Progressive Field Renovation Projects on
- Donovan Mitchell Selected as All-Star Starter for 2023 NBA All-Star Game on
- Cavs Trade for Donovan Mitchell: Set up as a Force to Be Reckoned with in the East on