Josip Nikolai Peruzovic, better known as WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff and one of the first true great villains of the “Rock N Wrestling” era, passed away today. He was 70 years old at the time of his passing. He was released from the hospital only a few days ago from de-hydration issues.
Volkoff is best remembered as one of half of the famous Iron Sheik & Volkoff tag team of the 1980’s. They won the title’s at WrestleMania 1, and were amongst the most hated men in the company by fans. This was during the cold war when Russia’s Soviet Union was considered evil in the minds of “pro wrestling” fans.
His incredible career spanned 3 decades and was honored perfectly when he became a member of the WWE Hall of Fame at WrestleMania 21 weekend in 2005.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Kyrie Irving’s Impact with the Cleveland Cavaliers on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on