The WWE Hell in the Cell concept was created at WWF Bad Blood 1997 with the epic Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker match no one will ever forget. Later in the summer of 1998, it was The Undertaker vs Mankind at KOTR which created two of the most famous moments in Pro Wrestling History. Those moments were Mankind getting thrown off the cell, then through the cell by The Undertaker.
Since those first two offerings however, it has never really lived up to the hype. I mean, how can you actually follow that? There was some good one’s in the early 2000’s with Cactus Jack and HHH, and also the 6-way challenge for the WWE title in December of 2000, but all in all, it never again has captured that early magic.
One may make reference to the Shane McMahon vs Undertaker match of WrestleMania 32, but even that seemed forced and set up, not to mention slow and predictable. All that aside, tonight’s offering does have 3 matches that could possibly be show stealers.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on
- Cleveland SC wins 4-1 over Akron FC in Their First Meeting of the Season on