The future of 250 Speedway in Cadiz, Ohio is unknown as the track has closed for the remainder of the season. In an announcement on Facebook Tuesday, track officials cited “track bashing and low car and fan counts,” as reasons for the shutter.
The weather had plagued “Ohio’s Place To Sling Dirt” all year. The 3/8 mile oval canceled its first seven dates due to rain and wet grounds before opening on June 2nd. The status of 250 Speedway in 2018 and beyond is unknown.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on