The future of 250 Speedway in Cadiz, Ohio is unknown as the track has closed for the remainder of the season. In an announcement on Facebook Tuesday, track officials cited “track bashing and low car and fan counts,” as reasons for the shutter.
The weather had plagued “Ohio’s Place To Sling Dirt” all year. The 3/8 mile oval canceled its first seven dates due to rain and wet grounds before opening on June 2nd. The status of 250 Speedway in 2018 and beyond is unknown.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on