GAME #7 – at TOLEDO
Wednesday, December 2 | 7:00 p.m. | Savage Arena | Toledo, Ohio
• Cleveland State continues its early season stretch on the road when the Vikings play at Toledo on Wednesday (Dec. 2) at 7:00 pm.
• Wednesday’s game is the fifth straight away from home for CSU and the sixth out of seven away from home to open the season.
• The game will be broadcast live on AM 1420 WHK with Al Pawlowski providing the play-by-play.
• The Vikings are 2-4 overall this year after an 80-63 setback at No. 2 Mayland on Saturday night.
• Toledo is 4-2 overall this year and is coming off a 78-70 loss at Middle Tennessee State on Saturday.
THE TOLEDO SERIES:
• Toledo leads the all-time series with CSU, 8-5, and has won the last two meetings after the Vikings won the previous four.
• Toledo won last year’s meeting, 59-54, in the Wolstein Center.
• CSU is 1-6 all-time in Toledo with its lone win in 2011-12.
GAME 6 RECAP – #2 MARYLAND 80, CSU 63 (11/28/2015)
• The Vikings dropped their final game of the Cancun Challenge, 80-63, on Saturday night at No. 2 Maryland.
• CSU trailed just 37-33 at halftime before the Terps opened the second half on an 8-0 run to open up a 12-point (45-33) lead.
• Demonte Flannigan scored 20 points – his secnd 20-point game of the season – with four rebounds to lead the Vikings.
• Rob Edwards made 6-of-9 from the field for 14 points, while Vinny Zollo scored 11 points and grabbed four rebounds. Jibri Blount added eight points.
• CSU scored 40 points in the paint and had just 10 turnovers.
EDWARDS NAMED HORIZON LEAGUE FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK:
• Rob Edwards was named the Horizon League Freshman of the Week on Monday for his performance in CSU’s three games last week.
• Edwards averaged 12.7 points per game and was named to the Cancun Challenge Mayan Division All-Tournament team.
• In two games in Cancun, he averaged 12.0 points, including a 17-point performance in a 57-52 win over Rider.
• He made 6-of-9 shots en route to 14 points in CSU’s game at No. 2 ranked Maryland on Saturday night.
• Edwards shot 14-of-27 (.519) from the floor in the three games and added seven rebounds, six assists and four steals.
• The Vikings return home for the first time since Nov. 17 when CSU hosts Kent State at 3:00 pm in the first of five CSU games at Quicken Loans Arena this year.
• CSU will also host Ohio at Quicken Loans Arena at 1:00 pm on Saturday (Dec. 12).